Zoom has recently launched two new features of their generative-AI smart companion, ‘Zoom IQ’ to boost productivity and collaboration between their users.
These features include Zoom IQ; ‘Meeting Summary’ and ‘Team Chat Compose’ that aims to enhance user experience by automating meeting summaries and providing AI-powered chat compositions.
“With the introduction of these new capabilities in Zoom IQ, an incredible generative AI assistant, teams can further enhance their productivity for everyday tasks, freeing up more time for creative work and expanding collaboration,” Chief Product Officer at Zoom, Smita Hashim said.
The first set of Zoom IQ features are now available to users in select plans as free trials, to specify their functions;
- Meeting Summary - Zoom meeting hosts can create a summary without recording the conversation via Zoom’s AI-powered large language models. Hosts can receive the automated summaries and share them with the attendees and members who failed to attend – improving team collaboration and speeding up productivity.
- Team Chat Compose - Zoom’s Team Chat users can use the AI-powered compose feature, where it automatically generates draft messages based on the context of the Team Chat’s thread. It also has the ability to change the message’s tone and length, and rephrase responses to customize text recommendations.
According to Zoom, account owners and administrators have the power to control whether to enable these AI features for their accounts. As opt-in, users are able to select data-sharing options anytime.
More so, Zoom openly states that they “will continue to enhance its products with Zoom IQ capabilities,” and they are preparing to release a new set of generative AI-powered features soon.
To give users a sneak peak, Zoom listed down the upcoming AI-powered tools;
- Email compose - users will get email draft suggestions in response to the conversational context from Zoom meetings, calls, and email threads.
- Zoom Team Chat thread summaries - Team Chat thread summaries allow users to catch up immediately with an automated summary of the conversation.
- Meeting queries - allows users or latecomers to catch up without disrupting the meeting. It will automatically submit a query via meeting chat and they will receive an AI-powered summary of what they have missed.
- Whiteboard draft - teams will be able to receive a set of initial ideas from using text prompts.
- Whiteboard synthesize - automatically organizes ideas into categories to speed up brainstorming sessions.
Zoom continues to empower their users with the advancing generative AI-powered tools that can potentially boost productivity and enhance collaborations within each Zoom meeting.
In addition, they continue to assure their users by being transparent about the intent behind their terms and conditions and their immediate changes when users raise concerns regarding the new updates, especially when it involves AI.