After using Jasper for over a year to supplement and optimize my daily workflow, I figured it was time to give my honest and truthful review of the product. Our team was skeptical about purchasing the tool at first, as generative AI was a relatively new technology back when we discovered Jasper. After using it for a few months, we quickly came to realize that this is one of the best AI copywriting tools we've probably used – but for some reasons you might not expect.
If you use a computer at any point during your workday, you're more than likely writing up drafts of something at some point. Whether it be sales emails, website copy, blog posts, or product descriptions, writing has become an integral part of the modern workflow. Jasper acts as an AI writing assistant that makes this process exponentially faster and easier, allowing you to generate high-quality copy in a fraction of the time.
I get distracted very easily. If I'm not fully invested in whatever I'm doing, something like a simple phone notification will take my attention away from my screen. I've used Jasper to eliminate my writer's block and to keep my mind focused on the task at hand. I've also used Jasper to speed up mundane tasks and generate creative ideas quickly. It's pretty easy to get discouraged when writing something because you just can't figure out how to end a sentence.
I do want to emphasize: you can't use Jasper to automate your copywriting. Jasper works as an assistant, not a replacement, to a human copywriter. As fun as it might be to click compose for hours on end, you're not going to produce anything of creative value if you don't take the time to refine and refine. It's kind of the pattern trending across most of the generative AI industry – assist, not replace.
I've been writing professionally for over 3 years now and I'm not ashamed to admit that Jasper has honestly made me a better copywriter. Combining professional knowledge with AI-generated copy has been an invaluable part of my daily workflow. The ideas and suggestions I get from Jasper are top-notch, combine this with human creativity & you'll have some beautifully written copy.
Over the next few minutes, we'll dive deep into Jasper and talk about how you can use it to conquer writer's block, churn out high-quality & creative content at lightning speeds, and why Jasper over other tools. And no... this isn't being written with Jasper. Although It would be quite funny if it was... but this is all coming from the heart. 😉
So let's get into it!
What Is Jasper AI?
Jasper acts as a bridge between your knowledge and AI content creation. Through templates, recipes, and commands, Jasper uses the latest advances in artificial intelligence technology (GPT-3) to understand and learn from your writing style, preferences, and ideas to create written content. Using this knowledge, it can generate and suggest ideas that fit your creation style.
Instead of spending countless hours trying to bang out content, think of Jasper as an extra set of hands that can do the heavy lifting. It's able to generate creative ideas, craft catchy titles & topics, suggest new angles for existing content, and expand upon long-form writing (articles, essays, etc).
Additionally, Jasper writes SEO-friendly content – just make sure to fact check! It also offers a hassle-free editing and collaboration feature, allowing multiple people to work on the same document in real-time.
When I first signed up, I thought Jasper would be like my personal genie, helping me write million-dollar articles, ace academic papers, and create killer business reports. But I realized it's not quite like that. Jasper is a super smart language model, but it can't conjure anything insane without your own guidance.
Is Jasper Worth Purchasing in 2023?
The short answer is it depends. The longer answer is it still depends. Jasper is very beneficial if you're a marketer, writer, or someone who works with websites. If you're a student or simply don't use writing as part of your job, other AI writing tools make a bit more sense. Regardless, you can try Jasper with a free 10,000 word trial! So... it doesn't hurt to try!
Truthfully, Jasper might offer features that are above and beyond the requirements of an average writer. If you write, create, or generate content that directly leads to you or your company making more revenue, Jasper is 100% worth the cost. If you're a hobby writer or someone who just likes to dabble in wordsmithing, then I don't think Jasper isn't for you. Instead, check out WriteSonic, CopyAI, Hyperwrite, CopySmith, or even Lex.
With the recent AI surge of tools like ChatGPT that recently took the internet by storm, consumer AI companies seem to be getting worried. This year is going to be a huge tell to see who can weather the storm. When I said Jasper is great for some reasons you wouldn't expect, one of them is because of its UI. While ChatGPT is an amazing tool (and in my opinion produces better work than Jasper), it lacks in document organization, support, and templating. ChatGPT is a lot better if you know how to prime it, while Jasper works better for those looking to organize their content & make use of their specific templates. Regardless, the team just raised $125 million to further develop their products – so it's probably not going away anytime soon!
Each of these AI content writing tools have features that either let you fine tune specific prompts or package it everything into a friendly & simple interface, which Jasper does. I can't say for sure if Jasper is a worthy long-term investment – but at this point in time, it is. The only companies that will survive the AI surge will be the ones that wrap their technology in a user-friendly and appealing software.
The bottom line is: Jasper's user-friendly interface combined with its powerful AI content generation capabilities allow for massive workflow improvements which can directly and indirectly trickle down to produce you more revenue. We'll see how it holds up against AI advancements, but with its great customer service packaged with its extensive template library still make it a very viable investment at this point in 2023.
Who Should Use Jasper?
Going off of what I said previously, anyone who generates a direct or indirect income through writing should use Jasper. If you can use Jasper to generate a greater ROI (in terms of saving time or money) on your investment, it's well worth the cost. Let's dive a little deeper into certain positions that could make use of specific features in Jasper.
- Marketing Professionals: Jasper's ability to generate SEO-optimized content can be a valuable asset for marketing professionals. By using Jasper to create social media posts, email campaigns, and website content, marketers can ensure that their brands messaging is effective and resonates with their specific target audience. Additionally, Jasper's AI capabilities can help marketers save time and effort by automating the content creation process, allowing them to focus on other important tasks if they can remove mundane, repetitive tasks.
Window cleaning business looking for a creative intro to send to companies? In charge of your companies Twitter, Instagram, or other social channels? Simply enter your request into one of the many templates and check out all these results. It's kind of crazy:
- Content & Blog Writers: Jasper can be a helpful tool for content writers looking to generate new ideas for articles and blog posts. Combining tools like ChatGPT with Jaspers templates and AI-powered writing abilities, content writers can quickly and easily come up with fresh and relevant topics to write about. Additionally, Jasper can assist with the research and editing process, helping content writers to produce high-quality, error-free work. Just don't use Jasper to generate facts! It generally uses filler numbers and statistics if it has no clue what you're writing about.
Here's an example of using Jasper to generate a 1-shot blog post. If you're a content writer who writes about dogs, you could generate a blog post outline on something like "why poodles are amazing pets". Copy this into the long-form editor and turn it into a beautifully crafted blog!
- Public Relations Specialists: PR specialists can use Jasper to help craft press releases and media pitches that are effective and attention-grabbing (from angles you wouldn't have thought of). With Jasper's creative and professional writing abilities, you can quickly and easily create compelling copy that gets the message across and helps to improve the visibility of their clients or organizations. Also, why not free up some extra time and resources? Integrating Jasper with PR can allow a focus to other important tasks such as building relationships and organizing events. You could input the necessary information (e.g. company name, product or service being promoted, key messaging points) into Jasper to generate a draft press release including a catchy headline, opening paragraph, and body copy that effectively conveys the key messaging points. Simply tweak your result to make sure it's compelling enough.. and boom.
Check out this little press release Jasper put together for a completely fictional book I came up with. All I did was ask it a command to write a press release and gave a title and short description of the book. This could be used for fictional, informative (news releases), or other entertaining content. Use Jasper to generate a boiler template & tweak until you're happy.
- Advertising Professionals: Arguably the most creative & coolest field to benefit, Jasper can be a super useful tool for advertising professionals looking to create compelling copy for advertisements and promotional materials. Advertising professionals can generate catchy headlines and persuasive body copy that helps to increase the effectiveness of their campaigns. Jasper has templates like commands, ad headline/descriptions, a tone detector, and even a ridiculous marketing idea generator. You'd be extremely surprised at what angles it creates ideas from.
- Social Media Managers: Social media managers are responsible for creating engaging, shareable content for their brand's social media channels. Jasper can assist with this task by generating ideas for posts and providing assistance with writing and editing. If you can semi-automate the copy of social media campaigns, managers could focus on other tasks such as optimizing campaigns, scheduling posts, and responding to customer inquiries.
- E-commerce Professionals: E-commerce professionals often have to write product descriptions and other copy for their online store. Jasper can assist with this task by generating ideas and writing compelling, SEO-optimized product descriptions. By using Jasper, e-commerce professionals can improve the visibility and sales of their products. Again, optimizing workflow, increasing sales, and freeing up more of your time.
- Website Designers and Developers: Website designers and developers often have to create content for websites that are both engaging and SEO-optimized. Jasper can assist by generating ideas (improving readability and brand tone) while helping you write high-quality website content. Developers (especially indie ones) often have to wear a bunch of hats and multi-task — Jasper allows developers to continue doing what they do best while speeding up the work they might not be the best at.
Jasper is extremely easy to use whether you're a seasoned developer or a novice copywriter. Within an hour you can start mastering its best features while going through the Jasper Bootcamp.
With over 60 templates and the ability to write long-form content, Jasper is packed with plenty of features to help generate consistant, high-quality writing no matter what you're writing about.
Jasper writes at a fairly advanced level. Most of the time (especially if primed with knowledge) your content will be high-quality. Sometimes it will repeat itself & produce incorrect information.
Jasper can seem expensive, but there is no doubt that its features, support, and quality are the reason for this. You'll get the best industry-level AI writing tool on the market.
Have any issues? Jasper support gets back to you within 1 or 2 business days. Combined with the stellar Facebook community, you should never feel alone when running into issues.
Once they nail down the repetition issues (which they've claimed has gotten a lot better over the last few months) the only thing limiting Jasper will be the data it gets trained on. Most AI software generally operates with a similar level of quality to each other – since most are trained by the same datasets and then customized for specific use cases.
Jasper Pros & Cons
Some of the biggest competitors to Jasper are WriteSonic, Copy AI, Hyperwrite, and CopySmith. Each of these includes many of the same features and benefits that Jasper offers, such as AI-powered writing assistance, editing and proofreading tools, and the ability to generate ideas. However, each platform has unique features and pricing plans so it is important to do your research before committing to one. Currently, Jasper is the most expensive of the bunch, so if cost is a major concern, then it might be worth considering one of its competitors. Professionally speaking, price shouldn't be a reason to sacrifice AI writing quality, ease of use, and customer support if it will boost your sales and speed up your workflow way faster than an alternative product would.
WriteSonic claims to be trained on billions of fresh data sets, giving it a competitive advantage over Jasper's lack of current knowledge (and the incorrect jargon it sometimes produces).
Copy AI seems to be tailored a lot more for short-form content. Both are great tools for generating copy in an efficient and high-quality way, but Jasper leads the way for longer articles & blogs.
HyperWrite has a slightly higher edge in AI quality but lacks in UI/UX and ease of use. It's a bit more complicated to navigate and the writing assistance is more limited.
CopySmith is tailored to the needs of eCommerce teams and integrates with a lot more platforms (like Shopify, WooCommerce, Zapier, etc). Jasper is more of a fit for freelance writers, startup teams, marketers, and other professionals.
Jasper Pricing Structure
So, you've read all about what Jasper has to offer but what pricing plans does it have? If you're looking to write articles, blogs, or pretty much anything that will take you over 30 minutes to work on, the starter plan will not be enough for you. You're pretty much required to use the boss plan if you want to create anything with long-form content. If you need long-form content and are willing to sacrifice a bit of AI quality to save on price, you could use Rytr. I've found its output to be fairly predictable though. Again, you're not going to get a better industry-leading generator that is currently better than Jasper – but I understand pricing can be a concern for many. The starter and boss plan have many similarities and differences between the two. Here are the things I found most significant:
Best for short-form content
Starts at $29/month
Best for long-form & SEO (3000 characters)
Starts at $59/month
After using Jasper for over a year, I can confidently say that it is one of the best AI copywriting tools on the market. Not only does it speed up my daily workflow and make my projects easier to manage, but it has also helped me overcome writer's block and generate HUNDREDS of creative ideas quickly. While it's not a replacement for a human copywriter, it works as an excellent assistant. In addition to AI, included features like Grammarly are an even bigger game changer. If you're a copywriter, business owner, or marketer, I strongly suggest that you give Jasper a try to see if it's the right fit for your needs – especially if you are looking to increase your productivity and revenue. Jasper AI is 100% worth considering, and the downside? Nothing! You get a generous 10,000 word free trial offer just for signing up. And further, if you end up purchasing a plan and realize it's just not for you, the company will honor a 5-day money-back guarantee if you have not fully used a free trial. If you don't think you need the packaged service Jasper offers, you could try ChatGPT (which is currently free). ChatGPT provides a higher degree of content and customization, but lacks the organizational UI, support, and pre-made tailored templates. If OpenAI somehow bundles ChatGPT into a user-friendly packaged bundle, I would totally see it overtaking Jasper. The interface & service of AI tools is what makes a product stand out, and that's where Jasper has a market lead.
If I had to create a list of the top 5 online daily tools that I keep in my arsenal, Jasper would undoubtably be on this list. I've saved hundreds of hours optimizing what I would be writing about regardless thanks to this wonderful product. I truly hope this review helps you make a decision! If you have any questions feel free to reach out in the comments below! Have you used Jasper before? What are your thoughts about the software?
Does Jasper ai offer a free trial?
Yes! Jasper offers a five-day free trial including 10,000 words. You can sign up for the free trial & get started within minutes.
Does Jasper plagiarize content?
No. With around 99% certainty, the content you generate with Jasper is completely organic. You could generate the same prompt 10 times and you would likely get different results each time.
What languages does Jasper ai support?
Jasper supports 24 input languages (Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish) and will output to 29 languages using DeepML (Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (British), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian)
Does Jasper come with API?
As per the official sources, Jasper ai doesn’t have any API. However, as per the request of the user they might launch the API in the future.
Does Jasper offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes! Jasper comes with a 5-day money-back guarantee. If you're running into any issues, email email@example.com and they'll honor your request from when the email was sent (so don't stress if you email on a weekend!)
How does Jasper function on mobile devices?
Currently, there is no mobile app for Jasper, and it is nearly unusable on a mobile device. Tablet devices can support basic writing functions, but Jasper is best used from a computer.